The Makita DUH551 is a cordless hedge trimmer powered by 2 x 18V batteries giving the equivalent power of a 36-volt machine. It comes with a 550mm blade and a blade cover. The trimmer blade is double-sided blade and capable of up to 1,800 strokes per minute and can cut up to 18mm diameter branches.
The Makita DUH551 is a cordless hedge trimmer powered by 2 x 18V batteries giving the equivalent power of a 36-volt machine. It comes with a 550mm blade and a blade cover. The trimmer blade is double-sided blade and capable of up to 1,800 strokes per minute and can cut up to 18mm diameter branches. It has five alternative handle positions and variable speed control which gives extra control, set the speed to low for trimming young leaves or a higher setting for more dense wooded trimming. Because it is battery operated the noise level of this machine is very low. Battery capacity warning light tells you when the power level is low.
- Powered by two 18V Li-ion batteries in series to supply energy to the powerful 36V DC motor drive system
- Well balanced tool design - the stress on the front arm and hand is reduced by positioning the battery port at the rear of the tool
- 5 position rotating rear handle - locks at 45° and 90° and makes vertical and angled trimming easier and faster
- Variable speed control dial allows low setting for trimming soft young leaves into a desired hedge shape or high setting for fast trimming at high speed
- Large lock off lever
- Soft start
- XPT (eXtreme Protection Technology)
- Battery capacity warning lamp
- Extremely low noise
- Electric brake
- Blade Cover
- Batteries or charger are NOT included
Machine compatible with Makita BL1830 and BL1840 batteries
The Makita twin 18v battery concept offers an expanding range of machines that utilize the established 18v Lithium-ion battery capacity to deliver high power 36v performance whilst offering an economic purchase solution for existing Makita tool owners. The twin 18v (36v) system also complements the already popular Makita 18v garden range of products, which has proved to be popular with the lower maintenance gardening applications.